LOOKING GOOD: Like an All Black-A-Like
25th Jul, 2013
ENGAGE BackingBlack fans via Facebook to leverage Telecom’s sponsorship of The All Blacks and RETAIN positive brand association.
Increase social awareness and interact with BackingBlack fans in a fun and engaging way.
- 100 Photo entries
- 2,000 New Facebook Fans
- 30,000 Votes
Word on the street was we were looking for the ultimate All Black-A-Like… What we wanted was an All Black doppleganger! The winner would receive flights, accommodation and tickets for two to the All-Blacks vs France game at Eden Park.
- Fans upload an image of themselves or a friend, selecting who they look like from a list of current and ex-All Blacks
- The BackingBlack fanbase votes on who is the closest look-a-like with a leaderboard keeping a track of the post popular All Black-a-likes
- The Top 10 All Black-a-likes go into the final where a grand prize winner is selected.
THE ULTIMATE BACKINGBLACKER
We all have a doppelganger – even the AB’s…
- Build and deploy a Facebook Application (desktop and mobile) to house the campaign
- Utilise 2 prize packages of tickets and travel to the opening All Black test match to drive engagement - 1 for the best All Black-a-like, and 1 for a lucky voter
- All uploaded images were moderated to ensure they were suitable
- All Black-a-likes were paired up in “head to head” battles to allow users to easy vote without having to scroll through cumbersome galleries
- Support with targeted Facebook advertising campaign to existing BackingBlack fans
- Fully measure conversion of all advertising spend to drive the best ROI
Our goals were blown out of the water!
114 Photo Uploads
72,788 Votes on Entries
3,480 New Facebook Fans
3,344 Unique Entries